Saturday, January 24, 2015

the Lunge......

January 24, 2015-



Hello everyone Skyler here....today I helped Pam with her pose today, because of a snow/ rain storm last night (and it still raining throughout the day) she decided to keep the workouts indoors. So, we decided to show you one of our daily Doga poses....and in fact two ways of doing the pose as well!.....

Watch the video and then I'll tell you more about the LUNGE:

 
Some of the benefits of  the LUNGE pose are as follows:
 
it will definitely strengthen the quadriceps and gluteus muscles, while stretching the psoas and hips, it will develop stamina and endurance in your thighs, and improve your balance, concentration, and core awareness. Oh, it is great for reducing sciatica pain (if only I knew this when Pam had her sciatica pain!)
 
To challenge her balance, in the month of February, I think I am going to have her close her eyes when she goes into this LUNGE pose! What do you think? Is a challenge set?
 
Alright that's all I have for now,
Check back tomorrow for more training poses/ moves,
Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment