Thursday, January 1, 2015

Start of a new training blog by Skyler

January 1, 2015-

 
Okay, that is ME- Skyler and my best friend Pam. She and I were running partners until about 2 years ago when I hung up my leash and was forced to find some other form of exercise. In the past 1.5 years I have been doing Doga with my favorite Dogi- Pam!.....I'd call her a Yogi but Doga is Dog Assisted Yoga or Yoga with a twist, so a bit different!
 
Anyway, we have been training this way for sometime but this year we intend on doing a Dogathon.....in which we will come up with so many new poses to share with others and on one chosen day put it all together in one routine!
 
We will be putting our meditations, stands, twists, bends, triangle poses, downward dogs, extended puppy poses, etc....and all into one day of Dogapoloza moves!
 
As of now, we are hoping for February 14th to be that day, this day is tentative, as our training will dictate how things go!
 
Everyday in the month of January- if I can get Pam to commit and stick with this as well- I want to bring one new exercise/ move that incorporates your dog into the mix! It can be us helping and supporting you or it can be a pose for you humans and one for us (you know your 4 legged best friends).
 
Ok, So here is todays move:
THE STANDING FOWARD BEND
 
 
 
Anytime people and their dogs are interacting in anyway, the health of each of them improves greatly! There are studies that support me in this too!
 
Oh while I have you attention.....Pamela and I have teamed up to become the Six Legged Companion Coach to help people and their dogs (or any animal for that matter) live the healthiest and happiest of lives possible. We work with clients one on one as well as through social medias and all......Why not go on over to www.doggonehealthychoices.com and see about a consultation and find out if a healthcoach is right for you to help you meet your goals!
 
And the one last note, Pamela co-wrote this new book with myself and Sandy and our other pack members Candycane, Scout, and Benji.... Why not check it out....here is the info:
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment