Monday, March 16, 2015

Our Story Part Three

March 12, 2015-

Okay Part Three of our story......

I was looking for a running partner for sometime not finding any real luck with people.......we would run together occasionally, but there was usually a reason to not run together, we lived too far from one another- they liked to run at night, I like to run in the morning (I would have to change my schedule around to run with them they would never do so for me!), etc....etc....etc......

I finally realized my best running partner was right at my feet, I slept with her, I ate with her, she was ready whenever I was ....she was truly the best of the best......so Skyler and I became running partners and I was spoiled ever since......it wasn't about beating anyone else, it was about staying fit, getting out there and moving, and just enjoying the RUN TOGETHER!......Our favorite running spot was Blydenburgh County Park trails. Ok, we did do several races together, we even set up our own race here in Smithtown with Dog Run Dog. The money raised through this race was for LI-Dog so that more dogparks would be established!

Our BIG race is the NYC IAMS Doggy Dash (now called the AMC Doggy Dash).....this is Skyler's race but Scout will be running it this year in her place, but using Coach Skyler's advice and training all along the course!- So will I!)......
You can watch the IAMS Doggy Dash video at the end of this blog as well. The race is a 5 mile race that, included a 5 minute rest stop for the dogs halfway through the race to make sure it is safe for them to continue on! Skyler and I ran this race two years in a row in 2009 and 2010! We run alongside the Triathletes at the end of the NYC TRI!

Watch out video about how we became the best running team ever here:
 
Watch the whole pack and Skyler and myself running and having fun at our favorite place in run here in these videos:
 
 
 
And the IAMS Doggy Dash (where Skyler was the star of the show!)
 
and the winner got their special trophies how awesome is that?!?!?
 
We loved running the IAMS Doggy Dash.......and we hope Scout enjoys it this year! Run well and safe Scout! 
As you can see on our runs we had a lot of fun and knew how to cool off! I love running with my pack, it's the only way to run!
 
Skyler and Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment